John A. Sellers
32400 Telegraph Rd.
Bingham Farms, MI 48025
John A. Sellers is the founder and President of the Firm. Mr. Sellers’ principal areas of practice include securities regulation, securities compliance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate and LLC governance, asset-based finance, commercial real estate and commercial transactions. Over the course of his career, he has represented clients in various business sectors, including small and mid-size businesses, financial services firms, tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers to the automotive industry, real estate investors, builders and developers, resort hotels, manufacturer’s representatives, licensors of intellectual property, hard money lenders, companies raising capital through private equity offerings, and multi-national manufacturers.
He has significant experience in securities regulation and compliance for securities industry participants (such as broker-dealers and investment advisers). In the private equity arena, he represents both issuers and investors in private placement transactions.
Mr. Sellers authored several published works, including:
- Casenote: “Foot Chase By Police Is Not A Seizure”, 68 U.Det.L.Rev. 441
- Note: “Publicly Traded Limited Partnerships: Are the Limited Partners Being Rolled Over In Roll-Ups?”, 69 U.Det.L.Rev. 627
- “Regulation of Offshore Offers and Sales of Securities”, Offshore Finance, U.S.A., January, 1999.
- “The Domestic Issuer Safe Harbor: Offshore Sales of Securities by U.S. Companies”, Offshore Finance, U.S.A., July, 1999.
- “Multi-Jurisdiction Disclosure Standards: The International Passport to Securities Markets”, Offshore Finance, U.S.A., March, 2000.
Mr. Sellers is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, holding memberships in the Business Law Section and the Regulation of Securities Committee. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Mr. Sellers received his B.S. from Wayne State University (1989) and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Detroit School of Law (cum laude, 1992). He was a member of the Justice Frank Murphy Honor Society and the Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society, and he served as the Managing Editor of the University of Detroit Law Review.
He is rated “AV Preeminent” by the Martindale-Hubbell attorney rating system. He was included among the Top Lawyers in Corporate Law by Dbusiness Magazine (2010).